I’ve written a picture book
I love picture books. I have read LOTS of them to my daughters over the years and I’ve also read LOTS of them for my own pleasure. There is something about the story telling power of words and pictures combined that is utterly magical.
I have long harbored an ambition to write picture books. After many years of trying, I finally have one being published! And I can reveal the cover…
Meet… The Flying Doctors is part of a series of historical picture books published by Random House. The other titles are:
- Meet… Ned Kelly, written by Janeen Brian and illustrated by Matt Adams
- Meet… Mary MacKillop, written by Sally Murphy and illustrated by Sonia Martinez
- Meet… Captain Cook, written by Rae Murdie and illustrated by Chris Nixon
- Meet… Nancy Bird Walton, written by Grace Atwood and illustrated by Harry Slaghekke
- Meet… Douglas Mawson, written by Mike Dumbleton and illustrated by Snip Green
- Meet… the ANZACs, written by Claire Saxby and illustrated by Max Berry
- Meet… Don Bradman, written by Coral Vass & illustrated by Brad Howe
- Meet… Sidney Nolan, written by Yvonne Mes & illustrated by Sandra Eterovic
- Meet… Banjo Paterson, written by Kristin Weidenbach and illustrated by James Gulliver Hancock
- Meet… Nellie Melba, written by Janeen Brian and illustrated by Claire Murphy
- Meet… Weary Dunlop, written by Claire Saxby and illustrated by Jeremy Lord
I am so pleased and excited to be in such esteemed company. 🙂
I am also over-the-moon about the illustrations in my volume, by Ben Wood. Ben is an amazing artist with lots of books to his credit. Check out his website.
Meet… The Flying Doctors was a joy to research and write, and I await its publication in October with much excited anticipation.